- Posted April 13, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines celebrates Pacquiao’s victory
In a statement, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte also said Malacanang congratulated Pacquiao for regaining the World Boxing Organization welterweight title in his rematch against American boxer Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada Saturday night (Sunday in Manila).
“After 12 rounds, the strength and guile of our national fist won to reclaim the World Boxing Organization Welterweight title,” Valte said in Filipino.
She added that Pacquiao’s triumph was proof that as long as a Filipino poured his heart out in any field, all falls are temporary and may be recovered.
She also said that Pacquiao “served as an inspiration” to many Filipinos for embodying the rise of the Philippines after so many disasters in the previous years.
“Our message to the world is clear: While a terrible disaster may defeat us, we will resolutely rise again; deep faith, strong unity, and enduring heart of the Filipino race will always prevail,” Valte said.