- Posted April 14, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
‘Pacquiao rises from defeat to victory’
"As we watched every punch he absorbed, we could feel the pain and his sacrifices for the country. His ability to inspire is truly unparalleled. He is truly a national treasure," Marikina City Rep. Miro Quimbo said.
Valenzuela City Rep. Magtanggol Gunigundo said Pacquiao won because he came fully prepared for the bout against Bradley.
Parañaque City Rep. Gus Tambunting said their colleague’s courage and perseverance largely contributed to his victory.
"I congratulate my colleague and party mate in the United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) Rep. Manny Pacquiao. You have shown the world that the Filipino is always up to the challenge and has a 'never say die' attitude," Tambunting said.
Rep. Jonathan dela Cruz of the independent minority bloc said Pacquiao had all the necessary assets that steered him to victory against Bradley.
"Manny deserved it. To God be the glory. He had focus, preparation and determination," said dela Cruz.