- Posted April 19, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipina returns to face plunder charge
As this developed, Malacanang Palace gave former and current government officials and employees a friendly reminder following the return of Reyes, Senator Juan Ponce Enrile’s former chief of staff implicated in the P10-billion priority development assistance fund (PDAF) scam.
Reyes has been the subject of the government’s Lookout Bulletin Order (LBO) since she left the country in August 2013 at the height of the investigation of the Senate blue ribbon committee into the controversy.
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said that like the public, Malacanang was also expecting them to finally spill the beans.
“All government officials and employees named in the recent resolution issued by the Office of the Ombudsman in the PDAF-related plunder cases, including Atty. Jessica Lucila Reyes, are accountable for their actions and are expected to fully disclose what they know,” Coloma said in a text message sent to reporters.
He added: “Their willingness to shed light on the ongoing legal proceedings is vital to our people’s quest for justice.”
Aside from Reyes and Enrile, also implicated in the PDAF scam are alleged PDAF mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles and Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon Revilla Jr.