- Posted April 20, 2014 by
How 2 Use @Twitter Effectively 2 Market Ur Biz
Effectively 2 Market Ur Biz
The title of my article might seem a little odd, but when you are only allotted 140 characters or less to get your point across in a creative way, you learn to 'twitter speak'.
Here are a few tips you need to start getting familiar with right off the bat:
- Pick a Twitter name that explains who you are. This is where being clever comes in real handy. Millions of people use Twitter, so millions of names are already taken.
- Choose a name that's easy for people to remember. For example: @LifeExtension or @199customsite
- Start learning to use hashtags, #, before #Keywords in your tweets. For example if your product is a new healthy protein bar, you could say:
New Coconut Cashew #GFBbar...
try the Deliciousness
#protein #noGMO #MensHealth
-Using hashtags make it easier for you and others with similar interests to find each other.
-Go to the twitter search box, type in keyword you're interested in, adding a hashtag before word, like, #Bathingsuits. All tweets that use those words will appear for you to look through.
This is a great way to start finding people to follow and get people to start following you.
- In the beginning, don't feel the need to friend everyone, the company you keep can be just as important as how many.
- Be Consistent with your tweets, sending several everyday and make sure to engage with others tweeters.
- You will notice people sending 'shout outs' to new followers and retweeter,this is a great way to show your appreciation. Make sure to pick and choose when to send thank you’s, so your whole page isn't just, thank you for following me...
As you become more familiar with Twitter, you will start to pick up all the little tricks by watching what works for other people, as you build your own voice.
*this tweet courtesy of Twitter Business 101
Social media is about building relationships, connecting people with similar interests and sharing information. It's a two-way street that needs to be well travelled.
For more information please contact: