- Posted April 20, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
What do you love about Chicago?
- What’s new in weddings: Trends in personalized favors for guests
- How safe are e-cigarettes? E-cig safety debated after WHO report
- Watch TV from other countries online: Learn new languages, surpass blocked channels
- People keeping cars longer, performing their own repairs
- Do you believe you can fall in love with someone you met online but have never met in person?
Chicago jewels: Standing 103 stories above the city in the Willis Tower's skybox
Can you see the abject fear in my eyes?
Even though I no longer live in the city of "Big Shoulders," it remains in my heart and gives me such an indescribably funny feeling whenever I watch it from afar on shows like "Chicagoland," as if watching a documentary about a loved one.
In this pic, my family and I were visiting the Willis (always Sears to me) Tower -- and I acted more afraid than the kids! But God got me through the packed elevator ride with a nice video to watch -- and I knew I'd regret it if I didn't do more than just put a foot out onto the see-through sky box.
Some people jump up and down in those things and lay face down on the clear floor. However, the photographer had to keep urging me to, "Move back, move back…" while I kept saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..."