- Posted April 21, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Scam participant messes Phl officials
WHILE Philippine Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago urged Jessica “Gigi” Reyes to tell the truth, the government on Sunday said it is up to the justice department to decide whether she deserves to be state witness to the P10-billion pork barrel scam or not.
Santiago asked the Senate blue ribbon committee to grill Reyes when it resumes its investigation on the controversial pork barrel scandal.
Reyes was implicated in the scam along with Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon Revilla Jr. She’s Enrile’s former chief of staff.
She returned to the country Saturday morning to face her plunder charges since she left the country in August 2013 at the height of the investigation of the controversy.
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said Malacanang was hands off on the case and left the decision to the justice department.
“It is the Department of Justice' responsibility to continuously study and find out the evidence or proof that ought to help facilitate the cases before the Office of the Ombudsman,” Coloma said.
“That is why we will leave it to (Justice) Secretary (Leila) de Lima and the Department of Justice to study the situation and give recommendations to reach an appropriate decision,” he concluded.