- Posted April 22, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Magnitude 5.9 quake jolts Phl
In its bulletin, the agency said the tremor occurred around 4:45 a.m. with its epicenter traced 70 kilometers southwest of Vigan in Ilocos Sur, Northen Philippines.
Phivolcs said the temblor, which was tectonic in origin, had a shallow depth of 16 kilometers.
The agency said the towns of Vigan, Sinait, Paoay, Cadugao, San Juan, Magsingal, Sto. Domingo, San Ildefonso, Bantay, Cauayan, Sta Catalina and Santa in Ilocos Sur; and Batac, Ilocos Norte felt the tremor at Intensity 4.
Phivolcs described an Intensity 4 as moderately strong generally felt by people indoors.
It further noted that a vibration like the “passing of heavy truck. Hanging objects swing considerably. Dinner, plates, glasses, windows and doors rattle while floors and walls of wood framed buildings creak. Standing motor cars may rock slightly.