- Posted April 22, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Tornado hits Phl; village under calamity
Hannah Joaquino, special operations officer of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO), said the calamity declaration was issued Tuesday morning by the village council of Tinagacan following an assessment of the twister’s impact, which ravaged eight sub-villages in the area.
Joaquino said the declaration would facilitate the immediate release of the village’s calamity funds to respond to the needs of the affected residents.
The tornado hit the area around 2:00 p.m. Sunday, pummeling residential communities as well as banana, coconut and mango plantations.
The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) station noted that the weather disturbance was triggered by a local thunderstorm.
As of Tuesday morning, Joaquino said eight sub-villages in Tinagacan Village have reported minimal to severe damages to properties and agricultural crops.
She said officials of Upper Labay and Batomelong Villages also reported damages to crops in portions of the two villages.