- Posted April 23, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl senator fears of MERS-CoV outbreak
"We need to act fast to prevent a possible outbreak of this deadly respiratory virus," she said, adding that the DOH can enlist the help of village officials to locate the passengers.
Binay said these officials are the most capable to look for them since they are familiar with their constituents.
"They know the families that make up their community so reporting to the DOH would be faster since they are already on the ground," she said.
The senator also appealed for the passengers to voluntarily submit themselves to testing.
"That is not only for their own good but also for their relatives' and communities' well-being and peace of mind," she said.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has already ordered its units to track the passengers of Etihad flight number 0424 from Abu Dhabi. A male nurse, who was on the flight, tested positive for the virus but succeeding tests here in the country showed negative results.
Binay said the DOH should empower the village officials and equip them with the necessary information, training and equipment to help them in tracking.
"I think it would be easier for the passengers to talk to their barangay officials since they know them, rather than to a police officer," Binay said.