- Posted April 23, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
28 Phl lawmakers in P10B funds scam?
One of the President’s allies implicated in the pork barrel scandal is Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) Director General Joel Villanueva.
The implication of Villanueva in the controversy should have doused suspicion that the Aquino administration is protecting its allies, a government official said.
Villanueva has already submitted his signatures to the Questioned Documents section of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and has also expressed willingness to be investigated.
Villanueva’s name cropped up anew after Napoles gave her testimony to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima during their five-hour meeting in a Makati City hospital on Easter Sunday.
Napoles has reportedly requested to be turned into a state witness and vowed to tell all that she knew about the P10-billion pork barrel scam if necessary.
In Malacanang Palace, Presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said President Aquino has already directed the Department of Justice (DOJ) to evaluate Napoles’ testimony.
“Since she is willing to tell all—we cannot close the door,” Lacierda said. “As part of the quest to search for the truth, all avenues must be explored.”