- Posted April 23, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
No such policy in US, says Phl Embassy
In a statement posted on its website, the embassy said it has been “in touch with the US Department of State, which has denied making such an announcement.”
“There is no truth to what appears to be an online news report that the U.S. has announced a no-visa policy,” the embassy said.
“The Embassy reminds the public that the online article being circulated in social media is a satirical piece that should not be taken seriously,” it added.
Quoting the US State Department, the article, which is being circulating in social media, says the no-visa policy will take effect “immediately.”
The new policy, the report said, “comes on the heels of a recent survey showing that an overwhelming majority of Filipinos have a favorable view of the United States.”
“The Philippines ranked first in a global survey on the image of the United States worldwide, beating even the US itself when it comes to a favorable view on the American people,” the report said.
It claimed that the US “made this monumental decision as a way to reward the Filipinos for making the US really look good in the survey.