- Posted April 24, 2014 by
- 10 Phoenix Quarles & Brady Attorneys Recognized in Chambers USA 2014
- Max Ashton of Brophy College Preparatory Awarded $25,000 AXA Achievementsm College Scholarship; Five Additional Arizona Students Awarded $2,000 Each
- Nonprofits Awarded More Than $175,000 in Additional Funding for 2014 Arizona Gives Day Efforts
- Northern Arizona Nonprofits Awarded $18,500 in Additional Funding for 2014 Arizona Gives Day Efforts
- David E. Funkhouser III Named American Bar Foundation Fellow
Subway Kids & Sports Rides into William T. Machen School to Surprise Two Lucky Students
Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona, in partnership with Subway Restaurants of Arizona, Dasani Water, Shamrock Farms and The Be Kind People Project, rode into the William T. Machen School in Phoenix this past April to recognize two special students as part its Cycle for Success program. Through a teacher-led nomination process, wherein educators are asked to submit nominations highlighting students’ good works both inside and outside of the classroom, 1st grader Briseyda and 8th grader Karen were chosen to be surprised with bikes, helmets and locks, as well as Subway lunches for their entire classes.
The Cycle for Success program has been operating for more than 10 years and focuses on increasing children’s self-esteem, encouraging the community to become involved in the lives of at-risk children and promoting random acts of kindness in local schools. Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona and The Be Kind People Project advocate for the health and safety of children, recognize random acts of kindness that may otherwise go unnoticed, and encourage community involvement in the lives of at-risk youth.
Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona’s mission is to provide sports equipment, uniforms, registration fees and access to major sporting events for kids who might not otherwise be able to participate. Subway Restaurants of Arizona supports kids in sports because it believes basic sports skills -- teamwork, commitment and accountability -- help kids throughout their lives. Subway Kids & Sports of Arizona has reached more than 25,000 Arizona children since its inception in 1999.
If you would like to recommend a school for the Cycle for Success program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit www.subwaykidsandsports.org.