- Posted April 25, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Science labs in Phl schools proposed
Rep. Rufus Rodriguez of Cagayan de Oro City said in House Bill 3272 said science and technology is a vital tool for national economic development.
Rodriguez cited the declared policy of the State to give priority to scientific and technological efforts vital to national development.
He said studies have shown a positive relationship between economic development and scientific and technological capability.
According to Rodriguez, it has been proven that industrialization can be achieved if schools adopt modern methods of teaching science and technology during the early stages of education.
"In an era of rapid scientific and technological development, the State should provide mechanisms to enable the country to be globally competitive. One mechanism is to create a science and technology educational program that will propel our country to be at par with our Asian neighbors," Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez said to meet the demand of the times, government should start improving the country's Science and Technology educational system.
"We must increase infrastructure support to build and upgrade laboratory rooms and provide facilities in all public elementary and secondary schools. We must also provide venue and materials for students' direct and hands-on experiences in Science and Technology learning," Rodriguez said.