- Posted April 26, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Protesters occupy Taiwan legislature
- Police hinder the freedom of press on anti-nuclear protesting events
- Anti-Nuclear Power Plant #4 people were treated people with powerful water cannon
- Riot Taiwanese police abused the “police right” and beat up unarmed Taiwanese students.
- Unarmed students who went to the events of protesting the under-table deal of economical treaty between Taiwan and China was beaten severely by Taiwanese police in front of Executive Yuan.
- Taiwanese police is using violence towards unarmed Taiwanese people.
Tsai Zheng-Yuan legislators directly drag people on his car head by ordering his driver speeding to leave
To force the government and opposition legislators to reach a resolution to halt the ongoing project of building Nuclear Power Plant #4 and support Yi-hsiung Lin who is going on a hunger strike for more than 4 days, Protect Taiwan Referendum Alliance called on people to surround the Legislative Yuan in order to block legislators to leave. This video showed the presence of people lying on the car head to block Zheng-Yuan Tsai legislator (KMT) from leaving. Zheng-Yuan Tsai ordered his driver to speed up and drag people away. There were several people climbed on car head, Zheng-Yuan Tsai’s driver was expected to stop the vehicle, instead, he speeded to drive away, causing two people who climbed on the car head got dragged for some distance away.
Besides, witnessed people were anxious to catch up with the vehicle. People yelled in rage, "Tsai Zheng-Yuan, What are you doing! ", “Tsai Zheng-Yuan legislators, stop your car!” In the process of chasing, one journalist who handled a camera accidentally slipped and fell. Because of an insufficient number of people surrounded the vehicle, they yet succeeded in preventing the car accelerated and dragged people away. They only watched the car speed to leave.
“Tsai’s vehicle went across the street and accelerated through a red light and turns left,” according to the witness.