- Posted April 29, 2014 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
"Laugh clown, laugh!"
As I was sitting on the inside benches of the wonderfully restored B&B Carousell on the boardwalk at Coney Island in Steeplechase park I happened to look up at the interior walls and saw these beautiful hand painted clowns. I really felt they were old world gallery or museum style and was told that a fairground art collector said that the scenic art and medallion clowns that grace the walls were the work of August Wolfinger, a German immigrant who worked with the original owner Mangels and was known as the Michaelangelo of the midway. I hope this is true because they are really something to see and alone make a trip to the carousell worth it.
April 29, 2014.