- Posted May 1, 2014 by
- Approximately 100 Dallas ISD Fourth-Graders Fall in Line for Capital One’s Fourth Annual Military-Themed Math Camp
- Local Preschool Makes a Splash with a Fresh Coat of Paint from McCarthy’s Heart Hats
- Capital One Associates Build Bikes for Communities in Schools of the Dallas Region, Inc
- McCarthy Receives Silver STEP Award for 150,000 Man-hours of Safe Construction
- Dallas Regional Chamber Recognizes McCarthy Building Cos. 150th Anniversary with Honorary Plaque and “Birthday Cake”
More than 180 Plano Students Receive Valuable Lessons in Career-Readiness
The training featured Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere and representatives from Capital One, the Hendrick Scholarship Foundation, the city of Plano and other local businesses. Sessions helped to prepare the students for entering the workforce by focusing on resume building, interviewing, business communication, professional dress and etiquette, financial literacy and career choices. Keynote speakers also shared their perspectives on leadership, teamwork, career exploration, how to stand out from workforce competition and much more.
“It was a wonderful experience to speak to these students and offer advice that I wish I had when I was their age,” said David Haufler, Capital One North Texas/Collin County and Oklahoma market president. “It is our hope that with this training program, young people will become invested in their careers at an early age, and get a head start on long-term career objectives.”
The Plano Mayor’s Summer Internship Program combines Plano’s vibrant business community and nationally recognized school district by connecting motivated high school students with exceptional local companies and organizations. The eight-week program is intended to build the vision and skills needed to successfully transition into college and will provide real-world experience to inspire ambitious career goals.
Capital One, one of the largest employers and leading corporate citizens in Plano and the Metroplex, embraces the program as a great opportunity to give back to the community and invest in Plano ISD students and their futures. Capital One has provided financial and organizational support to the Plano Mayor’s office to officially launch the program this summer. To learn more about the Plano Mayor's Summer Internship program, please visit the website at http://planomayorsinterns.org/.