- Posted May 1, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Why Does a 14 Year Old Girl Getting Shot Not Peak the Attention of the Nation?
- Sharyl Attkinsson, Eric Holder, President Obama and Fast and Furious
- Obamacare and the Supreme Court – What Will They Decide?
- Wonder How Many Assets Michael Brown or the Other Children in Ferguson, Missouri had?
- The 9-11 Anniversary is coming soon…Is Anyone Worried?
Some Suggest that Obamacare Will Cause Employers to Stop Offering Health Benefits to Employees
With the passage of Obamacare it looks like things are going to change; some suggest that employers will see the savings of no offering benefits and will just opt out now that there is an alternative for their employees. I am some people will shout to the rafters that it is about time that we are no longer enslaved by our employers just so we can maintain our health care coverage. I do see some logic behind that, but, I wonder will the companies just take the savings and run or will they up employee compensation to make up for employees losing their coverage?
My husband’s company has already cut off coverage to employees that are hourly and maintained coverage for employees that are harder to recruit and retain.
A new report from the S&P Capital IQ suggests that big companies could save up to $700 billion by 2025. I suppose that is even with the penalty that companies with more than 50 employees must pay if they opt not to offer coverage.
I wonder what will happen. Will we all be happy when the exchanges are our only option? Will our employers compensate us more or will they take the savings and run?
Will our coverage be as good?
I suppose it doesn’t matter; no one that actually uses the coverage really gets a say so.