- Posted May 3, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
What are you watching?
- Stunning Pegasus parade on the eve of today's 141st Derby 2015 went smoothly under cloud cover
- All Hats, Horses and Happy ladies at the Oaks, a day before Kentucky Derby 2015; men beware of being ambushed
- Century old Belle of Louisville easily throttles ahead of Belle of Cincinnati in the Great Steamboat race of Derby week 2015
- Dog lover's paradise:2015 Derby week Dog and Pony show in Louisville, KY has begun. Today the dogs had their day
- Festivities for the 141 Kentucky Derby to be held in May 2015 kicked off with thunder over Louisville and a spectacular fireworks show watched by 650,000
The tipsy turvy Kentucky Oaks 2014, the day before the Derby, a filly down and the winner is #13
2014 The Kentucky Oaks (filly or female horse race) held yesterday had all the glamor and female fun but what was totally out of the blue in a sea of pink was the refusal of horse number 10 to be restrained for the start of the final of the Kentucky Oaks, a major event that is held a day before the Kentucky Derby. Next in the sequence of number 10 between being removed from the run for throwing a tantrum) was that it hit the ground and all you could see were the horse shoes of the hind legs of number 10 (image 1 and 2). A scary thought crossed my mind. Oh God I hope they don't put the horse down with a gun shot. It was a relief to see that number 10 was on her feet (image 3) but of the of the race (image 4). The race begins without number 10 (image 5) and number 13 wins (image 6). As usual there is a lot of anticipation during the race that is obvious on the faces of all those who have wagered (image 7), followed by disappointment for those who bet on a filly that did not win (image 8) and time to leave in an orderly manner (image 9) with a prize win for horse number 13 (image 10). Next time you have to decide on number 13 as an unlucky number think again.