- Posted May 3, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your hat for the races
- Festivities for the 141 Kentucky Derby to be held in May 2015 kicked off with thunder over Louisville and a spectacular fireworks show watched by 650,000
- Splendid splendor of spring blossoms and tweeting birds
- Dr. Rand Paul, Senator from Kentucky announces his candidacy for the next president of US at the Grand Ballroom of the Galt House in Louisville, KY
- Day after President Obama's visit to Louisville, KY, traffic back to normal, a young man looking for better opportunity at a local company and a massive fire in a GE warehouse
- What could have been done differently on the Germanwings plane that did not land safely in Dusseldorf, Germany?
All hats and lots of fun for the ladies at the Kentucky Oaks 2014
The Kentucky Derby or the run for the roses (as it is also called) is about to begin in a couple of hours but the day before is when the atmosphere is more relaxed and appropriate for girls to have fun. I Texas there is a term for a lot of talk and no action which goes something like All hat and no cattle. Well at the Oaks there are a lot of hats and a lot of fun for female jockies, young female horses and for all the girls who just want to have a good time. Cocktails (mainly mint julep) flow like water and money changes hands faster than the passing seconds. This year there was a surprise drum beat from 4 energetic drummers who got the passing ladies into a spontaneous dance mood and the packed crowd was dominated by the pink color. The images were taken in Louisville, KY at the Churchill Downs, the home to Kentucky Derby for 140 years.