- Posted May 3, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your hat for the races
- What could have been done differently on the Germanwings plane that did not land safely in Dusseldorf, Germany?
- Tribute on Down syndrome day to a 6 year old child who drowned in scenic Harrod's Creek, Louisville, KY over the weekend
- Heard of Herd Immunity? May be a reason how Nature is working to slow the deaths due to Ebola virus infection
- One of Kentucky's finest sons, Senator Wendell Ford eulogized under the rotunda of the state capitol building in Frankfort, KY
- I AM NOT CHARLIE:Freedom of speech should be expressed responsibly and truthfully and with malice to none
All hats and lots of fun for the ladies at the Kentucky Oaks 2014
The Kentucky Derby or the run for the roses (as it is also called) is about to begin in a couple of hours but the day before is when the atmosphere is more relaxed and appropriate for girls to have fun. I Texas there is a term for a lot of talk and no action which goes something like All hat and no cattle. Well at the Oaks there are a lot of hats and a lot of fun for female jockies, young female horses and for all the girls who just want to have a good time. Cocktails (mainly mint julep) flow like water and money changes hands faster than the passing seconds. This year there was a surprise drum beat from 4 energetic drummers who got the passing ladies into a spontaneous dance mood and the packed crowd was dominated by the pink color. The images were taken in Louisville, KY at the Churchill Downs, the home to Kentucky Derby for 140 years.