- Posted May 3, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Newport International Group Tokyo Fashion Trends : Mode in France Tokyo moves to two new Asian locations
Building on past success, Mode in France Tokyo is now Mode in France Asia with two new locations, Taipei and Hong Kong. Mode in France Tokyo was created in 1996 to present women’s ready-to-wear and accessories brands to the Japanese buyers who may not travel internationally.
Asia, a key business partner for France, met expectations in 2013 with 12 percent export growth (source IFM) in the apparel sector. The Féderation’s International Division, managed by Patricia Brafman, works to develop opportunities in new growth areas, so for the past two years, the Division has increased business contacts in Hong Kong and Taipei to assure the success of these two new trade shows. The two events will be complements to the Tokyo show (3,000 visitors and around 100 exhibitors for the two 2013 sessions).
The biannual Mode in France Asia now offers three ‘business boosting’ destinations.
- 15/17 July 2014 at the Conrad Hotel in Hong Kong
- 19/21 July 2014 at the Regent Hotel in Taipei
- 23/25 July 2014 at the Hilton Hotel in Tokyo
The Fédération’s International Division, an expert on global markets, helps over 200 businesses with their export projects every year.
The Division also gives Export Directors and General Managers for fashion businesses the tools to access all the strategic elements for a particular country:
- The Focus Pays program reviews a different country with strong economic potential one Friday every month.
- The Strategic Monitoring program gives monthly presentations of operational information on market opportunities.