- Posted May 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Probe on cancelled CLOASs in Phl pushed
"Peasants are now protesting against the continuous cancellation of CLOAs, CLTs, and EPs which resulted to their eviction and constant threat of displacement from the land they have long tilled," Rep. Fernando Hicap stressed in House Resolution 914 now pending with the Committee on Rules.
HR 914 is a "Resolution directing the Committee on Agrarian Reform to conduct an inquiry, in aid of legislation, on the extent of cancellation of CLOAs, CLTs, and EPs and, if warranted, stop all impending cancellation."
Citing a report by IBON Foundation, a non-stock, non-profit development organization, Hicap noted that as of December 2006, there are 5,049 EPs and 103,092 CLOAs that have been cancelled involving 204,579 hectares of land.
CLOA and EP cancellation, he added, increased by 3,890 percent from 1995 sate of 2,780 while hectares of land involved increased by 1,162 percent from 16,213 hectares.
HR 914 cited a Movement of Farmers in the Philippines report that there were cancellation of CLOAs, EPs and CLTs in the provinces of Batangas, Leyte, Bulacan, Cebu, Laguna, Capiz, Pampanga and Nueva Ecija.