- Posted May 6, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
ICRC rescues 16M typhoon-affected Filipinos
Six months after typhoon “Yolanda” devastated some regions of Central Philippines, ICRC also noted that thousands lost family members, homes and incomes.
The long term plan, scheduled to run over the next three years, pledged to help 775,000 of the most vulnerable people to recover and improve their resilience to future disasters.
Philippines Red Cross Chair Richard Gordon said the recovery work would focus on restoring shelter, livelihoods and access to health care, to help affected communities overcome the hardships of the past six months and become self-reliant again.
Meanwhile, the recovery plan will enhance the Philippine Red Cross' capacity to respond to future disasters through targeted skills training for volunteers and strengthening expertise in disaster management and disaster risk reduction.
So far, ICRC has collectively raised 315 million Swiss Francs (357 million U.S. dollars) over the Typhoon Haiyan Emergency appeals.