- Posted May 7, 2014 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Chicago PD Caught Running Black Site: Mainstream Media Ignores Story
- Lets Start the New Year to Petition Obama to Acknowledge We Have A Right to Video Record!
- Please Sign Petition: For Obama to Acknowledge We Have the Lawful Right to Record Police
- Written Commentary: The deaths of NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos
- Update: Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
Waving the American in America is racist
This is a result of students being told that wearing an American flag on their person via shirts in 2010 in Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, California could incite violence even though these students were protesting peacefully by wearing shirts.
According to school administrators, the shirts have the potential to offend people because it is being worn on a Mexican holiday called Cinco de Mayo. A holiday celebrated in Mexico to commemorate the ousting of the french by Mexican patriots who were invaded by the French under the guise of Mexico not paying their debts.
The student sued and they lost their case, and their appeals. They are still appealing the decision on Constitutional grounds. A group of concerned citizens decided to protest peacefully as a result of the banning of the American flag on American soil by waving and proudly displaying the American flag outside the Live Oak High School.
I have a question, since when is it offensive to show or display an American flag on American soil? And when did peacefully protesting become an act of promoting violence?
I guess if the American flag offends people, perhaps they ought to leave, I'll gladly help them pack!