- Posted May 9, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Foreign language for Filipinos pushed
In filing House Resolution 937, Rep. Winston Castelo of Quezon City said no less than the Technical and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), in its recent report, recognized that translators are now in demand here and abroad and that numerous jobs such as translators, interpreters and call center agents are available to graduates of foreign language and culture.
"TESDA director-general Joel Villanueva has said that foreign language translation is fast emerging to be the next hot job," said Castelo.
Villanueva said a tech-vocational graduate proficient at the language and culture of his foreign employer can easily communicate and relate to their needs
Castelo said the ability to speak another language is an advantage in the global market and the Filipino youth will be meaningfully empowered by equipping them with the necessary language skills.
"Studies have shown that Filipinos possess a unique aptitude for language acquisition and this ability can be put to a lot of good use," he said.
Moreover, he said his proposal complements the declared policy of the State to recognize the vital role of the youth in nation building, and promote and protect their physical, moral, spiritual, intellectual and social well-being.