- Posted May 9, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Let's work together! – Philippine senator
Aquino made the pronouncement amid the reported rift between “Yolanda” rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson and two unidentified Cabinet members.
"It's been six months since typhoon Yolanda hit, and the rehabilitation should be moving smoothly already. Let's get our act together so that the survivors can get back to their normal lives," said Aquino.
He added: "The world is watching. Let us show them how we can come together and help the victims get back on their feet."
Aquino's reaction stemmed from Lacson's claim that two Cabinet members have been ignoring his request for assistance, delaying important rehabilitation projects in “Yolanda”-devastated areas.
The senator said this should not be the case because “Yolanda” rehabilitation is one of the government's priority programs in the next three years.
"We should not prolong the agony of the ‘Yolanda’ survivors. They lost their loved ones, their property and livelihood so we should not make them suffer even more," said Aquino.
The senator also urged concerned government agencies to submit their respective formal plans for affected areas to hasten the finalization of a master plan that will set the timetable and direction of the rehabilitation.
The Senate has approved a P14.6-billion supplemental budget for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of areas hit by typhoon Yolanda.