- Posted May 14, 2014 by
- " Ethical Hacking Workshop" by Ankit Fadia in NMiMS Shirpur Campus
- " SCHEIN PLACEMENTS" : An NMiMS Shirpur "IETE Student Forum" Initiative for Better Outcomes and Employabality awareness
- Programming Workshop for Skill Development : An IEEE NMiMS Shirpur Initiative
- Teacher's Day Celebration@NMiMS Shirpur : An IEEE NMIMS Shirpur Initiative
- ISF NMIMS Shirpur : First Student Forum of IETE in Khandesh Region
****International Womens Day Celebration@NMiMS Shirpur Campus
International Womens Day Cebration
Inauguration of IEEE – Women in Engineering Cell@NMiMS Shirpur Campus.
Event : Inauguration of IEEE – Women in Engineering Cell at NMIMS, Shirpur
Date of Event : 8th March 2014
Venue : Drawing Hall, B Wing, MPSTME, Shirpur Campus
Chief Guest :
1. Mrs. Tasneem Jalgaonwala
Social worker, Secretary of Burhani Women Association, Shirpur.
2. Mrs. Manisha Dialani
Social Activist, Dhule.
Guest of Honor : Dr. M. V. Deshpande, Associate Dean, MPSTME, Shirpur Campus
Special Invitees :
1. Prof. Dr. Jayant Negi, Head, Mechanical Engineering Dept.
2. Prof. Dr. N. S. Choubey, Head, Computer Engineering Dept.
3. Prof. Hemant Wagh, Head, Civil Engineering Dept.
4. Prof. Prashant Udawant, Head, Dept. of Information Technology
5. Prof. Suresh Kurumbanshi, Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities Dept.
6. All MPTP Faculty, Staff Members and Students.
1. Professor Shashikant S. Patil, Departemnt Chair & Mentor IEEE, NMIMS, Shirpur
2. Professor Payal Dande, Faculty In – Charge, Women Cell
3. Prof. Sonia Relan, Faculty In – Charge, Women Cell
4. Mr. Niket Dube, Student Head, IEEE
5. Ms. Parkhi Tyagi, Student Member, IEEE and Chairperson, WIE cell
1. Ms. Sushmita Shenoy
2. Ms. Navani Siroya
3. Ms. Era Bhatt
4. Ms. Riya Pallewar
5. Mr. Ankit Verma
6. Mr. Samyak Jain
7. Mr. Kushagr Mathur
8. Mr. Ashutosh Ajgaonkar
In this global and modern world, where women are working parallel with men to make the world better and live – worthy place, it is the duty of entire society to create a space for their development, progress and to help them in nourishing the cultural and ethical base of the humanity. Following the same vision IEEE, NMIMS, Shirpur campus inaugurated an IEEE – Women in Engineering Cell on 8th March 2014.
The ceremony started in a very traditional way i.e. by the Saraswati Vandana and lighting of Lamp.
Mrs. Tasneem Jalgaonwala and Mrs. Manisha Dialani, Social activists chaired this event as a Chief Guest. Dr. M. V. Deshpande, Associate Dean, MPSTME, Shirpur Campus was invited as a Guest of Honor. All the dignitaries and the conspicuous faculty members were relinquished by a bouquet of flowers.
Dr. M. V. Deshpande, Associate Dean, MPSTME, SVKM’s NMIMS, Shirpur campus addressed gathering about the importance of women in all walks of life and the reasons as to why it is necessary to celebrate their existence. Next, Prof. Payal Dande introduced about our key note speaker Mrs. Manisha Dialani briefly. Mrs. Manisha Dialani quoted a very nice message on this occasion;
“Women can empower the society”
– Mrs. Manisha Dialani on the inauguration ceremony of IEEE WIE Cell, NMIMS, Shirpur
Her address convinced attendees, the need for women to come forward and help in the development of society on ethical base. Women must understand their role in various spheres.
Prof. Sonia Relan, introduced our second keynote speaker Mrs. Tasneem Jalgaonwala and briefed about her interests. Mrs. Tansneem Jalgaonwala mesmerized attendees with her presentation on efforts taken by various social groups to arouse society and snug an environment for women development. She also called people to join a project “Save Girl Child”.
The event also witnessed the inauguration of the college Women cell, headed by Prof. Payal Dande and Prof. Sonia Relan.
Prof. Shashikant S. Patil, Mentor IEEE, NMIMS, Shirpur Campus announce the Core committee of WIE Cell;
Chair Person : Ms. Parkhi Tyagi
Core Committee Members : Ms. Era Bhatt
Ms. Riya Pallewar
Ms. Sheena Wani
Ms. Swadha Pandey
Ms. Niharika Jain
Ms. Supriya Mourya
Ms. Swaroopa Mishra
Ms. Akansha Deo
Ms. Ishita Jain
Ms. Sampriti Rajora
On the eve of Women’s Day, IEEE, NMIMS, Shirpur felicitated all female faculty members along with its girl achievers Ms. Devyani Sarjekar, Ms. Ayushi Punimiya and Ms. Poonam Mundhada for winning prize in IIT Bombay for three consecutive years. Prof. Payal Dande was also felicitated and given a letter of appreciation for being a supporter and resource person.
Ms. Parkhi Tyagi delivered the vote of thanks and expressed gratitude on behalf of IEEE, NMIMS, Shirpur to all the people who helped in making the event a success. The celebration ended with cake cutting ceremony.
Report Drafted by
Prof. Shashikant S. Patil
Department Chair and Mentor, IEEE@NMIMS – SHR