- Posted May 16, 2014 by
Albany-Schenectady-Troy, New York
- Celebrity Apprentice to feature Long Island Master Golf Trainer John Ondrush
- Military Benefit Assn's Wounded Warrior Amputee Football Team Takes On NFL Greats & Snoop Dogg In Phoenix On 28 Jan
- Nathan Jurczyk and Sbga Delivers Company's Largest Donation for Special Advocate Children
- New Author David Di Paolo Combines Love of Medicine, Mystery and Multinational Folklore in His Novel The Artemis Connection
- South Camden Theatre Company Continues its 10th Anniversary Season with a Production of AGNES OF GOD by John Pielmeier
Elvis' Jeweler, Lowell Hays, Makes Rare Appearance at LakeGeorge.com Elvis Festival, May 28 - June 1, 2014
Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY - The LakeGeorge.com Elvis Festival announced today that Lowell Hays, jeweler to Elvis, will make a rare appearance at this year's event. Hays will offer his exclusive jewelry collection to festival goers. To learn more about Hays and his unique creations, visit http://www.elvisjeweler.com/.
"We're beyond excited to have Lowell Hays at this year's event," said Jason Sherry, president of Sherry Management, LLC, and festival director. "Don't miss this opportunity to meet Lowell and take a look at his beautiful collection of jewelry, some of which is based on actual pieces that Elvis owned and wore."
Hays got into the jewelry business with his father, Lowell Hays Sr., in Paducah, Ky. Hays joined his dad in 1961, doing jewelry repair and custom design. He met Elvis around 1968, and they remained close friends until Presley's death in 1977. Hays and his wife traveled with Presley as he performed throughout the country, riding in his private jet, the Lisa Marie. Hays always carried a briefcase full of jewelry because Presley was constantly buying special gifts for friends and fans. Some of Hays' other notable clients over the years have included Isaac Hayes, Al Green, T.G. Sheppard and the country music band Alabama.
The theme of this year's festival in Lake George, New York, May 28 - June 1, is "Elvis: It's International." Tribute artists from Canada, the U.K., Australia and Germany will appear. A three-day Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest, featuring more than 60 competitors vying for $10,000 in prize money and the opportunity to compete in the 2014 finals in Memphis this summer, is another highlight. In addition, the festival features performances by Elvis Presley Enterprises' Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Champions Shawn Klush, Cody Slaughter and Ben Portsmouth.
Festival highlights include:
• Wednesday night's opening ceremony, which is free to the public
• Thursday night's "Jukebox LIVE" show, featuring tributes to Elvis and other rock and roll legends
• Friday night's headline show, featuring Klush and Slaughter
• Saturday night's headline show, featuring Portsmouth and Powell
• A Sunday morning gospel event
• An Elvis/classic car parade down Main Street
• An Ultimate Elvis wedding
• An Elvis collectibles sale
• Late night "after hours" parties
• Elvis-themed cruises on the lake
Lake George, "the Queen of American Lakes," is the picturesque site where more than 5,000 fans are expected to gather for this year's festival. For complete information about the event and tickets, visit http://www.LakeGeorgeElvisFest.com or call 518-681-7452.
About Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. -
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE), a division of CORE Media Group, Inc., is based in Memphis, with additional offices in Los Angeles. In addition to Graceland and its related attractions in Memphis, including the Heartbreak Hotel, EPE is aggressively involved in a worldwide licensing program, merchandising, music publishing, and television, film, video and Internet projects. For more information on EPE and Graceland, visit www.elvis.com.
About the http://www.elvisfestival.com Series of Events -
The ElvisFestival.com series of events is produced by Sherry Management, LLC, under a licensing agreement with Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. Festivals include the LakeGeorge.com Elvis Festival, the Las Vegas Elvis Festival, the Sao Paulo, Brazil, Elvis Festival, the Pocono Mountains Elvis Festival and the Elvis FANtasy Fest in Portage, Indiana.