- Posted May 16, 2014 by
Carmona, Cavite, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Email Marketing: Far-Reaching Engagement
Email marketing is a smart business tool that can handle far-reaching engagement and enduring connectivity with customers and prospects. Companies that run on small budgets can achieve business growth through cost-effective email marketing. Consider this:
After some online controversy casting doubt on the effectiveness of email marketing, a marketing study in 2011 emerged saying that in terms of return on investment, commercial email had a ratio of 1:40 or for every dollar spent it had a return of $40. The study further made a projection that in five years email marketing will increase by more than 30 per cent, to $82.2 billion from $63.1 billion in 2011.
How do you make your company stay on top of your customer’s mind without annoying them?
Let’s admit it, your customer's attention online is short. Your customers may be loyal brand evangelists, but they also receive a constant barrage of flashy electronic distractions, pop ups or rich media images, and competing marketing messages. Therefore, for your company to remain on top of your customer's mind, you must tread a fine line between loyalty and persistent enthusiasm.
On the one hand, too frequent customer contact may be intrusive and a turn-off to customers. It can be ostensibly annoying to most people. On the other hand, infrequent or irregular customer contact would make them feel ignored, unwanted, abandoned, and compel them to forsake loyalty. Hence, being connected and staying connected with customers and prospects regularly is a high business priority.
Over the years, a common denominator in revenue generation and marketing success shared by the direct selling industry is email marketing.
Email marketing gives you the capability to serve multiple channels, but one email marketing tactic that can bring you exceptional business growth is the email newsletter. An email newsletter, much like traditional print newsletters, can be sent out on schedule to your customer email database. It can showcase timely exclusive information, company news, unique promotions, videos, testimonials and helpful tips that will prove highly useful to subscribers. Email marketing allows you to foster business relationship as you engage both customers and prospects on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
For a more powerful email marketing campaign that simultaneously measures results, an email marketing software can help you do the trick effortlessly. For the less tech-savvy upstarts, you can opt for email marketing companies like GetResponse that provide web-based services and support. They help marketers and companies to create top-rate email campaigns successfully. Working through an electronic mail marketing platform of your choice, you can easily manage, segmentize and measure results with real-time analytics, including your visibility score on social outposts.
When doing an email newsletter campaign, it pays to learn the basics for successful results. Let me share with you a few tips:
1. Make the subject line short and pleasant. The length can mean the difference between a click to open or delete button. One rule of thumb is a catchy subject line from 40 to 50 characters. This will increase the chances of your email being opened. A long subject line will easily snuff out the reader’s attention.
2. Do not make repeated use of the same subject line. Experiment and test various lines surrounding keywords and phrases that were previously successful. Analyze one produce the highest click-through. Get the help of a copywriter.
3. Avoid words and phrases that attract spam filters. Words such as “free,” “sample” and “video” are catchy words but serve as fodder to spam filters, where your mails go unopened. Use a lot of imaginations when creating subject lines. Avoid using punctuation marks and symbols.
4. Evoke a sense of urgency. Effective subject lines - the most click through - contain action-oriented key phrases and words such as “today,” “limited” and “now.” Conveying a sense of urgency or limited promotion get subscribers to open your message.
5. Embark on email marketing with care. Create a positive record of your email campaign by sending highly compelling emails that get a fair amount of readership by your opt-in subscribers. If you send a lot of emails with almost nobody opening them, your email account may one day be blocked by Yahoo or Google main. Seek the help of professional marketers.