- Posted May 17, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- 4-year old girl brutally raped in India - My question to the Indian government
- Why the US Supreme Court decision on same-sex matters for India
- Another horrific gangrape in India: What are we doing wrong?
- The dark side of India’s Kiss of Love protests against moral policing
- Perspectives from India: Why I relate to that catcalling video
The result of the Indian elections 2014 - What could it mean for women?
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
Women’s rights have been the focus in many areas of public debate given the number of sexual violence, harassment and domestic abuse cases highlighted in the media but laws that are in place are seldom implemented because it is still not seen as s serious human rights issue. Will the new government change this? Honestly I don’t know. Will the new government make it worse? I have fears that the conservative wave that is sweeping india at the moment is going to make it a lot tougher for us to access rights.