- Posted May 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
National Students' Day in Phl proposed
The House Committees on Basic Education and Culture and Higher and Technical Education sponsored House Bill 4093, which is in recognition of the annual observance of the International Students’ Day.
The International Students' Day was first commemorated in London in 1941 by the International Students Council to honor the nine Czechoslovakian students who fought against the Nazi occupation.
To be known as National Students' Day Act, House Bill 4093 "sets a regular celebration in honor of Filipino students in their schools, communities and societies."
The bill also seeks to memorialize the Filipino students' contribution to democracy and boost their social and moral development.
House Bill 4093 substituted House Bill Nos. 407 and 2610 authored respectively by Rep. Susan Yap of Tarlac and Reps. Neri Colmenares, Carlos Isagani Zarate and Antonio Tinio of the independent bloc.
The substitute bill mandates the National Youth Commission to lead in the preparation and implementation of an annual program of activities for the observance of the National Students Day.
The Department of Education (DepEd) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) shall support NYC in facilitating and promoting related activities to all public and private schools.
All schools, colleges and universities are encouraged to extend their full support for exercises and activities to be launched by the students during the observance of the National Students' Day.