- Posted May 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
We’ll spare no one from scam – Phl gov’t
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte reiterated that the president was not protecting his allies.
Valte noted that President Aquino himself said the government relied on evidence-based investigation and that crime would not go unpunished.
In an earlier interview, the President mentioned that while he would not spare his allies, it was not right to dismiss them for merely being included in the so-called “Napolist list” or list of officials linked to the scam.
Aquino said officials were “innocent until proven guilty” but welcomed public criticism as they had the right to express dissatisfaction.
Among the president’s allies who were linked to the scam include Budget Secretary Florencio Abad, Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala and TESDA director general Joel Villanueva.
The three previously denied allegations on their involvement in the scam.