About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view omeroscar's profile
    Posted May 17, 2014 by

    More from omeroscar

    We’ll spare no one from scam – Phl gov’t

    THE Philippine government on Saturday said officials linked to the P10-billion pork barrel scam, regardless of whether he or she is an ally of President Benigno Aquino III, will not be spared and will have to follow the legal process.
    Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte reiterated that the president was not protecting his allies.
    Valte noted that President Aquino himself said the government relied on evidence-based investigation and that crime would not go unpunished.
    In an earlier interview, the President mentioned that while he would not spare his allies, it was not right to dismiss them for merely being included in the so-called “Napolist list” or list of officials linked to the scam.
    Aquino said officials were “innocent until proven guilty” but welcomed public criticism as they had the right to express dissatisfaction.
    Among the president’s allies who were linked to the scam include Budget Secretary Florencio Abad, Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala and TESDA director general Joel Villanueva.
    The three previously denied allegations on their involvement in the scam.
    Add your Story Add your Story