- Posted May 18, 2014 by
Palm Beach, Florida
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
- Sheyene Gerardi – Her Life Is Like A Movie Filled With Various Twists And Turns
- Super Entrepreneur Ahsan Habibi, Syed Started The Online Social Networking Job Website Expertini To Raise The Rate Of Those Seeking Work
- CPA Elites Ltd; Is Impacting The World Around Them By Helping Those In their Journey In Achieving Their Dream Of Working Online
- What Do The Names House (Vocal, Comercial, Progressive, Trance, Tribal, Electro), Hip Hop, DJ, Music Producer And R&B Have In Common – One Name: “ROCKY G”
- Mortgage Mogul Terry Gangaram Is Impacting The World Around Him By Unearthing The Adequate Financing For Those Desiring To Invest In A New House Via His Company Drexel Mortgage
Serial And Philosophical Venture Capitalist -- Granger Whitelaw Balances His Professional Pursuits With Family And Philanthropy
We have with us today one of the most prolific entrepreneurs one will ever meet. Mr. Whitelaw is a venture capitalist and invests in and helps manage technology firms operating in a range of different industries.
Now here he is Granger Whitelaw:
“My friends, family and colleagues tell me I am a ‘talented businessman with an intuition for successful companies’ – either way I know that I have been blessed with a deep rooted zeal to ‘make things happen.’
I truly believe much of my modern successes steam from my twenty plus years’ experience in corporate development, marketing, sales, and finance and operations.
Truth is my background mixed with my sheer passion for success mind-set allowed me raise upwards of $400 million in capital for early- and mid-state firms.
As a veteran of the United States Army, I served as part of the United Nations Command Honor Guard in South Korea before returning stateside to attend the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota in 1985.
While attending this highly ranked business college, I developed a solid foundation in management and corporate growth, attributes which continued to develop throughout my life.
One of my very first ventures included Angers – Whitelaw & Co., a fine art firm based in Manhattan. I then immediately followed this up with the founding of my Indy Car racing sponsorship and marketing company, called Whitelaw Racing, Inc.
That company provided financial support and finding advertising and sponsorship opportunities for some of Indy Car’s most talented racers, such as Eddie Cheever and Robby Unser.
With my new found achievements I then launched and also helped manage other successful businesses in the real estate and technology industries, including EOCNET.com and CoreCommerce.
One of my most memorable triumph stories was when in 2001, I personally helped establish a revolutionary new racing concept while simultaneously starting up the venture capital and private equity firm BlueCar Partners, for which he served as the Managing Director of until 2007.
The racing concept grew into Rocket Racing, Inc. and the Rocket Racing League, a race promotion and entertainment firm engaged in developing an aircraft race featuring rocket-powered vehicles.
Currently I continue to invest in start-ups.” said, Granger Whitelaw, President and CEO of Rocket Racing, Inc.