- Posted May 19, 2014 by
Weehawken, New Jersey
- Solar-Powered Golf Carts Drive Sustainability Mission for Philadelphia Zoo
- U.S. Surgeon General Launches Campaign with National Call to Action on Walking
- American Families Pledge to Eat at Home Together More Often During National Family Meals Month™
- Action Cam by Sony Launches Jason Headley's Unspoken Video as Part of 'Never Before Seen' Series
- America's Style Expert Reveals This Season's Do's and Don'ts for Creating a Fabulous Outdoor Affair
Longines Awards Luxury Timepieces to Owner, Trainer and Jockey Of Preakness Stakes Winner, California Chrome
Charles Villoz, Vice President and Head of International Sales for Longines and Jennifer Judkins, U.S. Brand President for Longines once again awarded Steve Coburn, co-owner, trainer Art Sherman and Jockey Victor Espinoza with elegant timepieces after California Chrome cemented itself as a potential Triple Crown winner.
Longines had a prominent presence throughout Pimlico on Preakness day serving as the Official Timekeeper and Watch with a large chronograph at the finish line and hosting the Longines Most Elegant Woman at Preakness Fashion Contest. To highlight its partnership, the watchmaker had a digital "Longines Preakness Stakes Countdown Clock" on the official Preakness Stakes website, www.preakness.com and served as the presenting partner of the International Pavilion, the premier hospitality destination. Positioned at the finish line, the International Pavilion brings the world to the Preakness by selecting a different country each year to serve as the host nation with its respective embassy and Ambassador serving as Honorary Host. The embassy of Peru and Ambassador Harold Forsyth served as the 2014 host nation.
The Longines Most Elegant Woman at Preakness Fashion Contest celebrated the elegant style of The Preakness Stakes. With the help of judges Miss Racing Queen and Briana Mott from Fashion at the Races, Longines chose the most elegant woman and awarded her a stainless steel and rose gold watch from the Conquest Classic Collection featuring a stunning diamond bezel. Longines Conquest Classic watches were also presented to the winning horses' owner, trainer and jockey of the Dixie Stakes presented by Longines.