- Posted May 19, 2014 by
- Guardians of Rescue To Host 2nd Annual Veteran’s Appreciation Dinner
- Guardians of Rescue to Unite Veteran with Trained Service Dog on Veteran's Day
- 10 Natural Ways to Keep Healthy While Traveling This Holiday Season
- Dr. Yum Suggests Five Tips to Eat Healthier as a Family during Eat Better, Eat Together Month
- The Doctor Yum Project Invites Community to Attend 'Fed Up' Movie Screening
6 Steps to Avoid Breakouts during Acne Awareness Month
“So many people are suffering from all sorts of acne right now, from mild to severe, but you don’t have to,” affirms Crystal Wellman, a Master Aesthetician and owner of the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic, located in Fredericksburg, Va. “There are the obvious steps you can take to reduce your acne, like reducing your stress or eating healthier. However, there are certain actions that people can take which you may not have thought of before.”
If you want to get rid of your acne, here are five steps you may not have thought of:
· Avoid Fabric Softeners. Fabric Softeners in the washing machine and sheets in the dryer create a waxy residue that clogs your pores. Make sure to wash your pillowcase and hand towels weekly.
· Avoid Swimming Pools. While swimming pools are refreshing during the summer months, the combination of hot and humid weather, physical exercise and chlorine leads to major acne breakouts.
· Avoid Sports Drinks. Sports drinks and sports bars contain ingredients that lead to breakouts. Try to avoid foods that contain iodized salt, seafood, seaweed, fast foods, and dairy products.
· Avoid Comedogenic Products. There are hair, make-up and sunscreen products on the market designed to avoid clogging pores and causing breakouts. Look for “non-comedogenic” labels when shopping.
· Avoid Sleeping with Make-Up. Even make-up designed not to clog pores can lead to breakouts if you sleep with it on. Let your skin breath by washing your face at least twice a day and applying moisturizer.
· Ditch the Dairy. Milk products have a tendency to create inflammation in the pore. Clogged pores and inflammation will leave you with major breakouts. Try almond, rice or coconut milk instead of cow or goats milk dairy products.
“The best way to get rid of your acne is to see a professional,” affirms Wellman. “A skin specialist will be able to identify the root of your problem and advise the best course of treatment to permanently eliminate acne.”
Crystal Clear Acne Clinic is a new full-service skin care clinic located at located at 1210 Princess Anne St. Suite A in Fredericksburg, Va. The clinic offers skin care treatment for a wide variety of conditions, including acne, acne rosacea, and aging. The clinic is owned by serial entrepreneur Crystal Wellman, who is a Master Aesthetician and also owns Ladyburg, a handcrafted bath and body store. She is also a certified acne specialist, and is also certified in the areas of oncology, dermaplane, and microdermabrasion. For more information on the Crystal Clear Acne Clinic visit their website at www.crystalclearacneclinic.com.