- Posted May 20, 2014 by
Team iReport featured this story
- Keanu Reeves on his Retro and Modern Boundless Bikes… Born to Be Wild!
- Oscar Buzz Hollywood, "And The Winner is..."
- No Nonsense Fitness Guru Jillian Michaels Bust Myths from Measles to Menopause
- Cast of Boyhood Enjoys Malibu- Congratulations for Golden Globe Nomination
- 'While there is life, there is hope': An interview with ‘The Theory of Everything’ stars
Northern Elephant Seal Pups Release, Malibu California
Here in Malibu, the California Wildlife Center(CWC) cares for thousands of animals yearly and recently added a much needed Marine Mammal elephant seal pup rehab facilities.
CWC is located off of Piuma road nestled in the woods on Sparrow Rd. a peaceful environment for this extraordinary animal care facility.
Two out of the 12 pups rescued met the criteria for release. Early Friday morning,CWC staff and volunteers gathered at Zuma Beach California to release the pups into the ocean. With not much hesitation, the pups made their way to their first swim since January. They swam around a bit, rested, and then both seal pups swam into the pacific ocean within an hour.
Board President Victoria Harris said last year alone, CWC cared for over 4764 animals. The facility does not receive any federal, state or city funds, but relies solely on donations. Please go to http://www.cawildlife.org for more information.