- Posted May 21, 2014 by
Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Lets Start the New Year to Petition Obama to Acknowledge We Have A Right to Video Record!
- Please Sign Petition: For Obama to Acknowledge We Have the Lawful Right to Record Police
- Written Commentary: The deaths of NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos
- Update: Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
- Saratoga County Police Officer Shawn Glans Assaults Citizen
Commentary: Veteran Affairs Controvery and Hypocrisy
Notice how our Congress and our presidents, past and present, are extremely eager to send our soldiers to war, and can get them there within days. We provide them with the best weapons, tanks, fighter jets and drones.
However, when it comes to a wounded soldiers / veteran, notice how long it takes for our own government to tend to their needs. Can any one in Congress, including the Veterans Affairs chairman Shinseki explain that logic to the American people?
In addition, notice how our government is quick to dish out money to Ukraine, arm islamic jihadist in Syria, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia and Egypt, but for some odd reason or another we refuse to take care of our veterans / soldiers. Something is wrong here, and it is not our soldiers.
Just make sure you don't tell Eric Holder what I just said, because if you do, he might accuse me of being a "secret racist."
Last but not least, you can tell a lot about a country by several criterion, by how it treats female population, the elderly and how it treats its own veterans.