- Posted May 22, 2014 by
Farmingdale, New York
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
Extra, Extra, read all about it!!
One of the volunteers there, also a veteran, they all are, told me some guy from Pittsburgh collected these newspapers and donated them to the museum.
In case you didn't already know, both my parents served in the US Army Corp. overseas in Europe during the WW11 and I am proud of them. Both were sergeants and my father obtained the Purple Heart, for while wounded, taking his crew safely across the Rhone river in France while they were under attack from the enemy. Both parents are buried at Pinelawn Memorial Cemetary, so this is always a big holiday for me.
I'm sorry the images, are not in order but range from 1942 to 1945, but I posted a 1945 headline first because it is very clear. Some of the images are blurry due to outside glare and I am camera limited.
May 22, 2014.