- Posted May 23, 2014 by
- Sheyene Gerardi – Her Life Is Like A Movie Filled With Various Twists And Turns
- Super Entrepreneur Ahsan Habibi, Syed Started The Online Social Networking Job Website Expertini To Raise The Rate Of Those Seeking Work
- CPA Elites Ltd; Is Impacting The World Around Them By Helping Those In their Journey In Achieving Their Dream Of Working Online
- What Do The Names House (Vocal, Comercial, Progressive, Trance, Tribal, Electro), Hip Hop, DJ, Music Producer And R&B Have In Common – One Name: “ROCKY G”
- Mortgage Mogul Terry Gangaram Is Impacting The World Around Him By Unearthing The Adequate Financing For Those Desiring To Invest In A New House Via His Company Drexel Mortgage
Executive Producer - Mikey Jayy of Artists In Music Awards Official BIO
I started the Artists In Music Awards in 2011, because I have a passion and love for independent music. When I look at all the award programs currently out there, I find there is a lack of real diversity.
The same people are winning awards year after year. It’s really about who spends the most money, who has the most attention, and who has more shock value. There is little to do with the art itself. Even the programs that focus on unknown talent, they are just glorified karaoke contests.
There is no originality and no artistic freedom. I wanted to create something different that focused more on original works itself, the writing, the creativity, and about people behind the art.
While the Grammy’s, the MTV Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards all have their process in how they determine who wins, we feel that we’ve created a formula that will put awards into the hands of the creators through a community of professionals, peers, and the fans. However, there will be some challenges.
This year will probably be our biggest challenge. Unlike in previous years, our focus is not just in music. For Season IV, we partnered with the Siqueiros Foundation of the Arts. We did so, so we could encompass the visual arts as well.
The visual arts include film, education, television, radio, theatre arts, graphics design, photography, muralism, urban street art, literature, and poetry.
The challenge is really about getting the word out and getting people to become members to be active participants in the Arts & Entertainment communities and allow our members to submit their work to be considered for a Nomination.
While the premise of the Artists In Music Awards still revolves around music as its core element, the partnership with the Siqueiros Foundation of the Arts puts us in a whole different category of its own, making this organization the first of its kind.
No one has really gone this far to represent all facets of the Arts & Entertainment industry and been successful at it.
It’s really an undertaking to say the least, but I think it will be very successful, because it’s more than just giving trophies to individual artists, it’s about community and the coming together of the entire Art world and making it more inviting and helping to turn dreams into a reality. www.AiMusicAwards.com