- Posted May 24, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Drugstore in Philippine villages sought
Rep. Teodorico Haresco Jr. of Aklan Province, author of House Bill 3192, first aired his proposal in December last year, which provides for a three-year program for the creation of village pharmacies.
"The program shall give priority to villagess on the basis of population, poverty incidence, extent of medical health care and/or services, geographical conditions, financial and other socio-economic factors and such other considerations as may be deemed necessary in undertaking the program within the context of national plans and policies on social services, health and medical care," Haresco said.
Haresco said the bill, to be known as Barangay Pharmacy Act of 2013, seeks to supplement Section 15, Article II of the 1987 Constitution, which states that "the State shall protect and promote the right to health of the people and instill health consciousness among them."
Haresco said Republic Act 7160, also known as Local Government Code of 1991, provides that every village should provide basic health and social welfare services and facilities, which include village health center and day care center.
Under the bill, the Department of Health, in establishing the village pharmacies, shall undertake prior consultations with the local government units concerned to make an official list of priority villages.
The DOH shall also issue the necessary rules and guidelines needed to fully implement the provisions of the act.