- Posted May 25, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine gov’t : We’ll not experience unrest
“We have strong democratic institutions,” Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said over a radio station in Manila.
Coloma explained that because the government institution is stable and Filipinos remained vigilant, political unrest could not be seen happening.
“(Filipinos) will not allow abuse from anyone or the prevalence of such disturbance,” the communications chief added.
Coloma said that it is the Filipinos’ vigilance that would deter political unrest from occurring.
Thailand’s army declared Martial Law early this week to “keep law and order” after six months of violent unrest and anti-government demonstrations.
This move came one day after Thailand’s acting Prime Minister Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan refused to resign amid mounting protests.
Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has raised its alert level in Thailand from level 1 to 2.
Under alert level 2, Filipinos in Bangkok and the surrounding areas are instructed to restrict non-essential movements, avoid public places, and prepare for possible evacuation when necessary.