- Posted May 25, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
First Person: Your essays
- The so-called Sight line “Rule” and the so-called “Doctrine” of the setting: illegal, impertinent and super stupid petition of the “Knights” of Rizal and the Question of the Soul of the Nation
- An impertinent and ridiculous position paper of the so-called “sol-gen” of the Republic of the Philippines: A counter-position Part I
- A Mockery and Travesty of Justice: The Continuing Persecution and Permanent Harassment of Anwar Ibrahim by the powers that be in Malaysia
- The Mockery and Barbarism of Iran’s “Judiciary”
- To Kiss is to Love, to Love is to Protest: Kissing to Resist State Moral Policing
To Love is Beyond Religion Part II
The woman was originally charged by “adultery”, yet I am wondering: what is the power of the court to add another charge against her?
Does it mean that, if she will eat pork in her jail or if she will pray using the rosary; will she be indicted again the third time for another charge?
This is utterly laughable and ridiculous to the maximum!
I joined the international humanistic community in calling for her immediate release.
Again to restate my vehement view, to love is beyond religion and the bloody state have no right whatsoever to interfere and/or control her heart, mind and soul!
Your religion is yours, and my heart is mine and it is mine alone….
Jose Mario Dolor De Vega
Philosophy and Social Science lecturer
College of Liberal Arts
Social Science Department
Technological University of the Philippines