- Posted May 26, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Spare no one in scam probe! – Phl senator
"The government should not spare anyone in this investigation. If they do, it will send a wrong signal to the public that anyone can pocket billions and get away with it easily," said Aquino.
Aquino made the reaction after it was reported that alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim Napoles asked the government to spare her children from prosecution.
"How can her children be spared from this investigation when whistleblowers revealed that they were the ones forging the signatures of Malampaya Fund ghost beneficiaries," Aquino said.
According to the whistleblowers, Aquino said Napoles' children Jo Christine and James Christopher allegedly received the funds that were funneled to bogus non-government organizations if she was not at home.
"Testimonies show that they are major participants in this scheme and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and not be treated with kids' gloves," the senator emphasized.
Also, Aquino said Napoles should face the Senate after she recovers from vaginal bleeding and divulge to the public the truth.
"After she recovers, she should face the Senate once and for all, tell what the public wants to know," Aquino said.
"This way, we will let the truth prevail and punish those involved in the scam," he added.