- Posted May 26, 2014 by
- Frank Fenter, Capricorn Records Co-Founder and Music Industry Innovator Set For Georgia Music Hall of Fame Induction This Saturday, October 11
- Publicity-Expert Authors Share Insider Tips for Developing Effective Publicity Campaigns
- Fran Ericson Joins CB Smith & Associates
- BRIAN GRANT ANNOUNCED AS WINNER OF THE 5TH ANNUAL 40 UNDER 40 RECOGNITION AWARDS
- Conway MacKenzie Earns Atlanta’s Best and Brightest Nod
Publicity-Experts Share Insider Tips for Effective Media Relations at June 12 Seminar
Veteran public relations professionals and authors Ed Van Herik and Debbie Fitzgerald have outlined what organizations need to know if they want to expand their business and avoid missteps in dealing with reporters and editors.
Both will present “Grab Your Megaphone and Venture into Media Relations,” on June 12 from 9:30-11 a.m. at Maggiano’s Buckhead. This is PRSA Georgia’s June seminar,
register here, http://www.prsageorgia.org/events/event_details.asp?id=437418&group=.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to dig deeper into the world of PR and get a behind-the-scenes look at the intricacies of promoting a business and garnering publicity. Learn:
• How to build and maintain good working relationships with the media.
• What to put in a news release and how to extend its life.
• How and when to follow up.
• What needs to be done before the news release even goes out.
Each attendee will also receive a copy of “Megaphones Be With You: How Your Organization Can Play the Media Relations Game—and Win,” Fitzgerald and Van Herik’s matter-of-fact, 156-page book that tells CEOs, business owners, and corporate and nonprofit executives how to reach greater numbers of people with their key messages.
About the Speakers
Debbie Fitzgerald and Ed Van Herik have been friends and colleagues since 2009. They are both award-winning PR professionals who are active members of the Public Relations Society of America, Georgia chapter. Fitzgerald has been active in the PR field since 1995 and Van Herik since 1992. Each owns a PR firm that specializes in the practice of media relations, and each has garnered thousands of media interviews for clients in various industries throughout their careers. “Megaphones Be With You” is available on Amazon (Kindle and paperback) and iTunes. For more information, visit www.vanherikcommunications.com and www.fitzgeraldpr.com.