- Posted May 29, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- “It is Sure Good to Know that Councilman Herb Wesson is being Challenged. With Good Reason I Won’t be Voting for Deceitful, truly Inept, no good Herb Wesson”- Michael Lofton
- If Black lives Truly Matter, Past and Present Day Elected Black Leaders Would or Should not Be Trashing his or her Oath of Office to Serve Planned Parenthood, Illegal Aliens, Union Boss's, Wall Street and/or Subversive Organizations, etc to Betray Blacks!
- President Barack Obama defies Congress and the Constitution to use his executive influence to serve illegal aliens, Planned Parenthood, etc., while playing games of deceit and trashing the oath of office and the Presidency when petitioned by deserving U.S
- If not for abortion the Black population would be 36 percent larger than it is currently. Without Planned Parenthood and its partners in the Infanticide Industry, black people would be much less a minority in America! But Blame Po Po Hands Up Don't Shoot!
- Indeed, Robert C. Gumbs. RE: The Black community Needs Honest Leaders, Your Message is Still True Today!
While many readers may not agree with Mr. and Mrs. John and Shelly Sterling’s tactics, as a building owner(s), the actual owner(s) have the right to protect his, her, their property interests by any legal means necessary!
“Outcry over Sterling's remarks renew focus on housing bias lawsuits” by KIM CHRISTENSEN, NATHAN FENNO, LA TIMES, MAY 29, 2014
1. "I have never posed as a health inspector to gain access to an apartment. Why should I?" she said. "I own the buildings, and since I do, I can enter any apartment after giving the occupant 24-hour notice. These allegations make no sense."
2. At one building, Davenport said in court papers, Shelly Sterling asked her to call Child Protective Services when she noticed one tenant's children playing by the pool.
A building owner/property manager has every right to complain and to be alarmed if a child is left unsupervised to play in and around a swimming pool. Should the act of any child being left unsupervised result in an accidental drowning and/or physical injury of one or more children, the building owner can be held responsible and financially liable.
3. "I do recall a couple of times tenants attempting to talk back to her and defend their children and she would start screaming at them that she was going to evict them," Davenport said in a deposition.
4. One tenant testified that Shelly Sterling harassed his children at the Catalina Street building. He described an encounter in which she yelled at his youngest daughter as she rode her tricycle on the family's patio — and then scolded another daughter who asked why.
Again, a building owner/property manager has every right to complain and to be alarmed if a child is riding a bike or playing in an area that is not suitable for bike riding and is not a public park.
Source: "Pomona toddler falls off 2nd-floor balcony; investigation under way" ABC News, June 11, 2013
Should the act of biking or playing in an area that is not a play ground result in an accidental death and/or physical injury of one or more children, the building owner can be held responsible and financially liable.
5. "Donald and Shelly Sterling preferred Korean tenants because Koreans are clean, do not wear shoes in the apartments and follow the rules."
Believe it or not respect for the property rights of any building owner by keeping a place clean and following rules are extremely important.
Again, a building owner/property manager has every right to complain if all his or her experiences in renting to Blacks and Hispanics have resulted in destruction of property, disregard for existing rules, etc.
I know of a Jamaican apartment building owner , who is also a naturalized U.S. citizen who no longer rents to U.S. born Black tenants subsidized by “Section 8”, i.e., U.S. taxpaying dollars, Black tenants whose:
1. Weekend arguments/fights/loud early morning parties resulted in numerous weekend visits by the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD).
2. Contempt and disregard for the rights of other tenants to live in peace and harmony created a living nightmare.
3. Actions resulted in a long and expensive court litigation eviction process.
4. Since evicting the problem tenants, there have been no further headaches or problems, or disturbances to existing apartment tenants or neighbors.
I know of a Korean building owner , who is also a naturalized U.S. citizen who is having a hard time with a Hispanic tenant who used the residential rental property for a “dog grooming” business which resulting in higher than normal DWP electric and water utility bills, the building owner being on the hook for payment of all DWP utility bills associated with this property. This Korean building owner, cut off access to use the real property for “dog grooming” purposes by keeping the tenant’s “Dog Grooming business” van off of the property.
Now that the unauthorized “Dog Grooming business” problem has been resolved, the loss of “Dog Grooming” income has resulting in this same Hispanic tenant bringing in more tenants than the allowable occupancy standards to share the same apartment dwelling for money.......which is in violation of the original rent agreement……..doing all of this without the consent of the building owner.
In light of the foregoing, from the owner/property manager’s vantage point discriminating against any other tenant(s) who create such a financial burden and unnecessary problems, would make sense.
CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION, ARTICLE 1, DECLARATION OF RIGHTS:
SEC. 7. (a) A person may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law or denied equal protection of the laws…….
Unless it can be proven that Mr. and Mrs. John and Shelly Sterling have been charged, convicted and punished by the courts for violating the law, slim chance exists that NBA officials or anyone else can force Mr. and Mrs. John Sterling to relinquish his or her ownership rights to property, specifically in this instance ownership interest in the Los Angeles Clippers.
While many readers may not agree with Mr. and Mrs. John and Shelly Sterling’s tactics, as a building owner(s), the actual owner have the right to protect his, her, their property interests by any legal means necessary!
CHAPTER 830, RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF LANDLORD AND TENANT
Sec. 47a-17. Tenant to occupy only as dwelling unit. Unless otherwise agreed, a tenant shall occupy his dwelling unit only as a dwelling unit.
Sec. 47a-11. Tenant's responsibilities. A tenant shall:
(a) Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of any building, housing or fire code materially affecting health and safety;
(b) keep such part of the premises that he occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises permit;
(c) remove from his dwelling unit all ashes, garbage, rubbish and other waste in a clean and safe manner to the place provided by the landlord pursuant to subdivision (5) of subsection (a) of section 47a-7;
(d) keep all plumbing fixtures and appliances in the dwelling unit or used by the tenant as clean as the condition of each such fixture or appliance permits;
(e) use all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and other facilities and appliances, including elevators, in the premises in a reasonable manner;
(f) not willfully or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the premises or permit any other person to do so; (g) conduct himself and require other persons on the premises with his consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the premises or constitute a nuisance, as defined in section 47a-32, or a serious nuisance, as defined in section 47a-15; and
(h) if judgment has entered against a member of the tenant's household pursuant to subsection (c) of section 47a-26h for serious nuisance by using the premises for the illegal sale of drugs, not permit such person to resume occupancy of the dwelling unit, except with the consent of the landlord.