- Posted May 31, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Rebuilding of typhoon-hit Phl continues
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said different clusters working on disaster rehabilitation did their final vetting on government programs to be implemented in different provinces.
Among the provinces included in the vetting list are Leyte, Cebu and Western Samar provinces as well as the cities of Cebu and Tacloban, Coloma said.
And while other provinces work on their respective PDNAs, the office of Secretary Panfilo Lacson, who is in charge of government's reconstruction efforts, expects the assessment to be completed by June, Coloma said.
The government is not working alone, he said, noting there are many private organizations that are doing their reconstruction initiatives in typhoon-affected areas.
The Palace official also made an assurance that there is enough government fund for the agencies to support the ongoing reconstruction works.