- Posted May 31, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
2 kidnapped victims in Phl released
Filipino resort worker Marcelita Dayawan and Gao Hua Yuan, a Chinese national, were kidnapped in Sabah last April.
Presidential Communications Operations Office secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said the good news is still a subject for verification.
Coloma said cooperation among neighboring countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines ios very important in resolving such cases.
Malaysia expressed its gratitude to the country's security forces for helping it solve the kidnapping incident.
He said these neighboring countries share coast border issues such as crimes being committed in a particular location and criminals relocating to other nations, he said, noting the necessity of close cooperation among these countries.
The two women were snatched from Singamata Adventures and Reef Resort in the town of Semporna in Sabah on April 2.
The victims were first brought by their captors to Tawi-Tawi before they escaped by boat to Sulu and reportedly handed the hostages to another Abu Sayyaf group.