- Posted May 31, 2014 by
- Maine Artist Exhibits in Spain in September
- Best-Selling Author launches new Podcast Featuring Wisdom from Super Achievers and Insight from Listeners
- How a Brain-inspired Theory May Solve Problems of Big Data
- The Valley Resort Looks Forward to Fowey Mussel Fest
- Environmental Toxicity---The Biggest Threat For Biodiversity & Human Life On Earth: SAIRI's Report On United Nations IDB-WED Observance 2014.
StorTrends and SANDirect to Discuss the Benefits of Flash Storage for Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI)
NORCROSS, GA, May 30, 2014 /PressReleasePing/ - Date/Time: June 4, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time
What: StorTrends, from American Megatrends, Inc. (AMI), and SANDirect will host a Virtual Lunch-n-Learn to explore the benefits of flash storage for virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI). The live discussion will focus on the numerous variables associated with VDI projects, including user types and performance requirements, as well as address the costs and common issues that administrators encounter when scoping VDI implementations. This event is intended for IT professionals interested in learning how flash storage arrays can benefit them in their current or future VDI environments.
- Light, medium or heavy - what type of VDI user are you? (And, what does that mean for you in regards to hardware, power consumption, rack space, reliability, scalability, cost, etc.?)
- Why do some VDI deployments fail? What are the common pitfalls during install and ongoing management?
- Which storage tiers are best suited to handle which VDI workloads?
- What are the all-flash, hybrid flash and/or spinning disk benefits and/or limitations in today's VDI environments?
Robert Lennon, CEO, SANDirect
James Dyckowski, Senior Solutions Engineer, StorTrends
StorTrends and SANDirect to treat first 100 VDI Lunch-n-Learn registrants to pizza and a beverage (details provided post registration).
To view AMI StorTrends continually updated events calendar, please visit: http://www.stortrends.com/company/news-events/
Tweet this: StorTrends and SANDirect to Discuss the Benefits of Flash Storage for Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI) http://www.sandirect.com/events.php?event_id=11035
SANDirect is a privately owned firm specializing in high availability Data Storage Solutions. We assess, analyze and know storage. Our core business is protecting customers' data. SANDirect has an extremely knowledgeable staff, a Professional Attitude and offers competitive pricing to our customers. We eat, sleep and live Storage. Intelligent storage infrastructures dictate quality partnerships and a dedicated, knowledgeable staff. SANDirect is proud to offer the very best of both. For further information, please visit: www.sandirect.com.
StorTrends®, from American Megatrends Inc. (AMI), is Performance Storage with Proven Value. StorTrends SAN and NAS storage appliances are installed worldwide and trusted by companies and institutions in a wide range of industries including education, energy, finance, state and local government, healthcare, manufacturing, marketing, retail, R&D and many more. StorTrends meets the challenges and demands of today's business environments by offering key network storage functionality such as unified storage, simplified management, business continuity, disaster recovery, high efficiency and virtualization support. For further information, please visit: www.stortrends.com.
StorTrends is a registered trademark of American Megatrends. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The Ventana Group