- Posted May 31, 2014 by
- Jim Foley captured and held hostage by ISIS in Syria for “637 days” before begin beheaded, according to Senator Shaheen
- ISIS taunts Christian child before brutally beheading him
- Rep. Carter slams Obama for transferring five Taliban leaders from Guantanamo Bay in direct violation of the 2014 Defense Authorization Act
- Asia Pacific “pivot” involves more than 350,000 American combat troops, 200 ships thus far!
- Iran a self declared state sponsor of terrorism
War cost in Afghanistan near “$2 trillion”, says Rep. Cicilline
“Mr. Speaker, after more than a decade of war, the loss of 2,178 American heroes, thousands seriously injured, and the expenditure of nearly $2 trillion, we must end our military presence in Afghanistan now, safely bring our troops home, and begin to focus on the urgent challenges we face here in America.
A sustainable, long-term peace can only be accomplished when the people of Afghanistan assume responsibility for their own security.
Yesterday, our colleague Jim McGovern offered an amendment that directed the President to rapidly accelerate the transition of U.S. combat operations in Afghanistan to the Afghan government by December, and would have required congressional approval if the President sought to keep U.S. military forces in Afghanistan after that. Unfortunately, we were denied the right to have a debate and vote on this amendment.
We owe the brave men and women in uniform a clear plan to bring them home safely and soon and to end this war now.
After more than 12 years of war and the killing of Osama bin Laden, it is time to end the war in Afghanistan and instead focus our attention on creating jobs, rebuilding our infrastructure, providing care for our veterans, and focusing on the serious fiscal challenges facing our Nation”, said Rep. Cicilline (Source: Congressional Record http://thomas.loc.gov/).
See graphic war footage Army Ranger firefight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdqp-Kast0E and firefight Kandahar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7UpuKE1Djg