- Posted June 1, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Bill granting aliens same perks Filipinos enjoy pushed
Rep. Rufus B. Rodriguez of Cagayan de Oro City said this is a sector of elderly members in the society that has been overlooked even if their contributions have been just as relevant and considerable.
"These are foreign nationals who have relocated to the Philippines and chosen the country as their own second home," said Rodriguez, author of House Bill 4191.
He said some of them have come for commercial purposes, established their own businesses, or have settled as retirees or immigrants in the country for personal or family reasons.
"During their stay, they have brought in considerable investments, patronized local businesses, contributed to the local economy, and in some cases have taken a role in nation building," Rodriguez said.
The measure if enacted into law will grant resident aliens residing in the Philippines who are at least 60 years of age the same privileges enjoyed by senior citizens under Republic Act (RA) 7432, as amended by RA 9994.